Tell me something good

I had so much fun with Friday's linky party I'm joining another! I have decided to join Jennifer over at Rowdy in First Grade for her linky party.  All you have to do is write about something that's going well in school and something that's going well at home.



Here's mine:

Something good at school:

My fifth grade students are reading like crazy to complete our 40 book challenge! I love seeing their noses in books, every free chance they get.  Even in the hallway during restroom break.  I love it!

Something good at home:

I'm also seeing both of my children at home blossom as readers. My kindergartner is noticing words everywhere, and really beginning to read.  I absolutely love when they first "discover" how to read.  Kindergarten teachers you are amazing!  My third grader has never loved reading, though he can do it just fine. He prefers math.  Just today he got off the bus with Mr. Popper's Penguins and begged to read the next chapter to me in the car because he couldn't wait to find out what happened next.  Yay!!!  This momma is happy!

Link up!  It's great to focus on the positives!

4 comments

  1. LOOOOVE your reading moments as your something good! I love it when suddenly all my kids want to do is read all day!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This class LOVES to read and I'm enjoying every moment. :)

      Delete
  2. Read, read, read - I love it when my own kiddo and my school kiddos enjoy reading. This week has been a short week because of conferences, so I gave them some extra time for reading and most of them were really being readers! Yeah!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have conferences next week. Not looking forward to the long conference nights, but definitely looking forward to the short week (Friday off - woo hoo!).

      Delete

Back to Top