A Thankful for Blogging Linky Party



I'm joining Stephanie's (Teaching in Room 6) Thankful for Blogging Linky Party.  I'm so thankful I've joined the blogging community.  I've always been an avid reader of 'teacher books' searching for the best and newest ways to reach my students.  However, reading a teacher (text) book takes a long time, while hopping on to a teacher's blog takes only minutes. I love to try new things every year (it's a problem LOL)  and I have learned so much about how you all reach your students. It has made me a better teacher in just a few short months.  We as teachers don't often get the chance to step into other classrooms to "see" what is working. But in the blogging world, we "see" what's working in classrooms every day.  How could we not grow as educators!!!!  I have to admit, I just started my blog Wild About Fifth Grade in September, and I am already thoroughly, and thankfully addicted.

What am I most thankful for???  

The Common Core resources that I've come across are amazing.  Some of my favorites are by Miss. NanniniCooperative Learning 365, and Fun in Fourth. Check them out, you will be so thankful! We are all in such a state of change, and finding organized, focused materials that are tested and used by real teachers, and updated daily, are so much better than any text book could ever dream to be.

Also, the helpful hints, links, posts, and courses on 'how to start a blog' on sites such as Teaching Blog Traffic School have been lifesaving. I truly feel like we are all in this together.

Link up, I'm still getting to know people around here and I'd love to hear what you're most grateful for.

8 comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out Melissa!! I love your blog! It's about time more upper-el teachers start blogging! There aren't enough of us out there! :)

    YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up! Like Kristine said, I love to see new upper elementary blogs come on the scene. And Teaching Blog Traffic School was my lifesaver in the beginning too!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog for the info. I'm your newest follower! :)

    www.talesfromaverybusyteacher.blogspot.com

    Marine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Missy!
    I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for a Liebster award. Come see what it is all about.

    A basket full of apples

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence - Me too!
    http://joyinthejournney.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is funny - I just nominated you, too!
    Stop over to my blog to check out the post.
    http://middleschoolmattersblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/thankful-for-liebtser-award-and-friday.html#.ULjS4oNqSuI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! I'm loving the LOVE! You all are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top