Here are the rules for the Liebster Award…
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see whom you nominate.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I'm going to Disney World in two, yes I said 2, days!!! I haven't been since I was 14 and this Michigan girl is ready for some sun! I"m not sure who's more excited, me or my kids. LOL
2. I have two fabulous children. My son Cameron is 8. He is so bright, funny, athletic, and determined. He just earned two game pucks (player of the game) last weekend during his five game hockey tournament. My daughter Molly is 5. She just started kindergarten and she is our little singer, dancer, and artist. She is such a blessing each and every day and always makes me smile.
3. My husband is also a teacher, high school English!
4. I was a dancer and cheerleader throughout College. I miss both. I still get my cheerleading fix by doing choreography for teams, and my dance fix through Zumba. LOL
5. I love, love, love teaching. I've always loved school, and I love helping others to love school too! It's my greatest pleasure.
6. The only thing I don't love about teaching, is grading papers. I seriously hate to grade papers. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?
7. We have a boxer beagle named Crissy, a fish tank with 6 fish, and a red eared slider turtle named Turty. My daughter loves animals!
8. I love to scrapbook.
9. I also love to workout at the gym. I just started a group personal training class in May and I am seriously addicted.
10. I hate to do dishes!
11. I have my master's degree as a literacy specialist and I want to work as a literacy coach or curriculum director one day!
I don't have time today, home with a sick son :(, to answer all the questions from the blogs that nominated me but I'll start with the questions from Tales From a Very Busy Teacher.
My questions for my nominated blogs:
1. What is your favorite thing to teach? Tie between Reading and Math
2. Do you have any pets? If so, describe them! Yes, 1 boxer beagle, 6 fish, and 1 red eared slider turtle.
3. How long have you been teaching? 10 years
4. Coke or Pepsi? Neither, not a pop drinker
5. What was the last vacation you were able to enjoy? Going to Disney World in two days!!!!!!!
6. What changes would you like to see in education? More help in the classrooms, teachers are overloaded.
7. If you had an endless amount of time and money, what would you do in your
classroom? Buy even more books, audio books, Ipads, laptops, and hire a secretary!
8. What other grades/subjects would you like to teach in your career? I love fifth, but maybe middle school one day.
9. What is your favorite genre of reading? Historical Fiction, it fascinates me to step into the lives of people who lived so long ago
10. What kind of music do you like to listen to? Christian Rock and 80s music
11. Biggest pet peeve: Drama