First off, I finished my newest common core assessment pack for long division.
We will (in a short two weeks time - yikes):
- investigate division patterns when dividing by multiples of 10
- estimate quotients
- solve long division problems with two digit divisors using the partial quotients and standard algorithm methods
- do lots and lots of problem solving
- divide with money and zeros in the quotient
- interpret remainders, and
- use and rate our understanding of academic vocabulary related to division.
- four formative assessments (quizzes) to use throughout the unit
- twelve exit slips to use at the conclusion of lessons to further formatively assess progress
- a review/study guide
- a summative assessment, and
- six academic vocabulary cards for our math word wall
With that out of the way, I think I can spend another fabulously lazy day tomorrow in my pajamas. Did I mention that my husband got me a new pair of Under Armor sweat pants for Christmas and I haven't taken them off in four days!!!! I'm in love!!! I'm not usually a sweat pants kind of girl, but these are the coziest. What ever will I do in three days when I have to return to dress pants and heels???? Below is a photo (not me unfortunately LOL) of the comfiest pants ever in case you're interested in them.