Favorite Find Linky Party

I just noticed a fellow blogger, Stephanie from Middle School Matters Blog, who started her blog in the fall around the same time as I started mine, is hosting her first linky party - so I had to help a bloggy friend out!



The linky party is focused on your favorite finds - you can post a link to a favorite pin, favorite lesson, favorite product on TPT, favorite book, favorite whatever.... with the purpose of sharing with others our inspirations and motivations.

So, my favorite find is the book Wonder by RJ Palacio.  If you read my blog regularly, you're probably saying right now - that book again!  Well yes, that book again!  This is my third post regarding this book. It's that good.  It was recommended to me by my literacy coach in the fall and I have truly fallen in love with the message of the book, the depth of the characters, and the empathy for others it has created in my classroom this year.  I've officially added it to my list of all time favorite read alouds which includes: Where the Red Fern Grows, Watson's Go To Birmingham, There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom, Old Yeller, Chains, Freak the Mighty and Among the Hidden. Welcome Wonder, to the Wild About Fifth Grade read aloud hall of fame!!

What are your all time favorite read alouds?


1 comment

  1. I love Freak the Mighty and Among the Hidden. I haven't heard about Wonder; I should check it out! Some of my favorite read aloud novels are The Outsiders, A Christmas Carol, The Skin I'm In, and Locomotion. My 8th graders really liked A Child Called It, though I don't recommend that for 5th grade! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top