January Currently

It's January!  I have to start the new year off right with Farley's January Currently.



































We have mandated today as Lazy Last Day of Christmas Break day at my house. So, I'm:

  • listening to my daughter watching cartoons on television
  • loving that my husband just delivered Tim Horton's for breakfast (YUM)
  • I'm thinking (trying not to) about going back to work tomorrow.  But at least it's a short week full of fun Christmas activities on Thursday and Friday because our county closed all the school districts the Thursday and Friday before Christmas so we missed all of our Christmas festivities. So, I really won't teach much this week. Right now I'm just looking for/creating engaging activities to review learning. 
  • I'm also selfishly wanting more time off and IPADs in my classroom.  I'm pinning so many great ideas on how to use them for educational purposes, I may just break down and bring in my personal IPAD until the magical IPAD fairy arrives (LOL - if only).  
  • Lastly, my word is pray. One of my resolutions is to stop worrying and give more to GOD. I get myself all worked up over too much that is out of my control.  

Happy New Year to all my bloggy friends!


13 comments

  1. I totally feel you on wanting more time off! I feel the EXACT same! I keep thinking... "Shouldn't I be excited to go back and get my teach on?" But I just can't bring myself to do it. All I can think is that I'd really enjoy one more week of family time and pajamas! :)

    4th Grade Haps and Hacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I need an iPad fairy too!!! Fun to find you from my co-worker Farley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to the iPad fairy list! :) Although I just won a grant for 15 iPod touches for my class so I guess I can't complain too much. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, iPad fairy! That would be lovely! Send her my way when she's finished waving her wand around your classroom! ;-)

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot believe I wasn't already following your blog. I stalk it regularly. Now, I follow it. We got carts with iPads this year. I get scolded for signing them out "all the time". If nobody signs them out, I go get them. We <3 iPads! Wishing you a happy new year, and a visit from the iPad fairy.
    Learning in Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we had iPad carts I would sign them out all the time too!! I'm hoping for next year. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Missy - I 'm so happy to have found you from Farley's currently. I LOVE your word...pray! Amen, what we all need to do more of each day. I'm your newest follower. Blessings to you in 2013!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Prayer works! :)I just have to stop being so busy that I forget throughout the day!

      Delete
  7. I just found you through Currently. I want to switch my word to pray. I know I worry too much. I am glad I found your blog and I am happy to be a new follower.
    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mary, I'm following your blog now too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am wanting to focus more on prayer this year. I, too, worry too much when the things I worry about are completely out of my control. I hope your iPad fairy shows up for your classroom! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I actually worked a second job two summers ago to pay for my personal iPad. It was the best idea I ever made.....I absolutely love it! It allows me to do so many things in my classroom! My initiative paid off! Because of my usage of it in class, my principal recommended me for our district e-learning committee, I received a school iPad to practice with, AND I will probably be able to pilot it with my students next year. Whoopee!

    You are so right about prayer - it definitely changes things. What a relief it is to know that if we leave our problems in our "prayer room" they are all taking care of! :-)

    Your newest follower!
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi- I just found your blog. I enjoyed reading your Currently. We have been back to school since last Wednesday. I was sad about going back so early but after feeling completely exhausted this week after 3 days, I am thinking a short week was a good idea. Not sure I could have survived longer. lol
    I love that your OLW is prayer. It is quite powerful!
    Your newest follower
    Antoinette :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top