Classroom Setup #b2s13 Teacher Week '13



Hi all!  I'm linking up my Classroom Digs for Teacher Week '13.  I could spend ALL day checking out the pictures of these super cute classrooms!!  L.O.V.E.

Unfortunately, I can't get into my classroom quite yet, here in Michigan we don't start back until after Labor Day. But I'm going to share with you what my classroom currently looks like - scary!!!  (I snuck in last week just to drop a few things off) Which speaking of, since I don't want to miss out on the fun, I will share all the great stuff I've found so far to spruce the space up this year.  I'm so excited to get started!!!!

The scary part first!  This is what I found a last week (gulp).






I have A LOT of work to do!

Now on to the good part.........

Look at all the amazing stuff I've found/created:



I purchased new black fabric from JoAnn's for my bulletin boards, and here are the borders I ordered from Really Good Stuff!  Sticking with the animal print theme (of course) but going a bit more colorful this year. :)

Created these Math Workshop Center Signs to display on our Math Workshop Rotation bulletin board.


I just couldn't find a set that included the centers we do, so I created my own.  This is the Jungle version.  But I also created a set in Zebra, Chevron and Polka Dot.  I'm so excited to use these this year.  Stay tuned for a post on how we do Math Workshop in our classroom!

I'm also busy printing, laminating and cutting ELA and Math word wall cards and our Learning Target posters.  I'm so happy with how they turned out and have to restrain myself from posting the word wall cards all at once.  Blank bulletin boards are hard for me - but by the end of they year they will all be displayed.  Can't wait to take a picture of how they look!

ELA Zebra Black 3rd-6th BUNDLE

Math 5th Zebra Word Wall Cards

Zebra Learning Targets Posters

If you're more of a chevron or polka dot fan - I have word wall sets in those themes also.
ELA chevron Word Wall Cards (195 cards included)
ELA polka dot Word Wall Cards (195 cards included)
Math chevron Word Wall Cards (247 cards in BUNDLE)
Math polka dot black/white Word Wall Cards (247 cards in BUNDLE)
Math polka dot colorful Word Wall Cards (247 cards in BUNDLE)



This is one of my favorite finds of the summer.  These stools were only $5 at our local furniture store's tent sale!  I bought seven and only spent $35.  You can't beat that deal!!!  They are so much cuter than the standard blue classroom chairs and smaller to conserve space which is a necessity when you have a small classroom.  These will be used at our strategy group table.


Last, but not least, I took a trip to Big Lots! Do not ever let me go there again! I have no self control.  Check out all of the goodies I found!!!  I also snagged two $17 dollar black bean bags and a larger zebra print rug!  My budget is offically spent.



New desk chair (Pink) mine was inadvertantly broke during summer cleaning this year. Only $35. A cute pink, black and white chair floor mat $15.  New Zebra Print storage organizer - four drawers - one for each subject $30.  I'm going to use this to store copies/lesson plans for each subject I teach - Reading, Writing, Math 1, and Math 2.  New zebra curtains.  I made the first pair SEVERAL years ago and this pair for $5 each couldn't be beat.  Zebra and black lantern lights to hang in our reading area only $12.  Lastly, I finally found some binders for conferring.  Pink = reading, blue = writing, black = math 1 and math 2.  These binders will store my Conferring Organizers.  I absolutely can't wait to use these this year to keep me organized and accountable for meeting with daily strategy groups, intervention groups and conferring during reading, writing and math workshops!  Goal number 1 for this coming year.


Well I'm off to finish stalking all the finished classrooms!  We are headed to the county fair tomorrow and upnorth for the annual Cheeseburger in Caseville festival on Thursday.  Squeezing as much fun as we can into these last few days of summer!

Enjoy!

P.S.  I'm getting a new blog design soon!  I'm ecstatic.  Megan from A Bird in Hand blog design is beautifying it up for me and I cannot wait.  So stay tuned.....


5 comments

  1. Holy moly! I am so jealous of those stools...awesome find!

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not much of a bargain shopper (no time) so I'm super excited to actually have scored a deal. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your room when it's all finished! I love the plans you have for it :)

    XO, Kelly Anne
    Appleslices4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see the finished product. Zebra curtains = too cool.
    Cheers,
    Terri
    Terri's Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all those animal print borders and fabric. I would love to see your room when it is all finished. I do love those chairs and am extremely jealous of the deal you got! Wish there was something like that around here!

    Kimberly
    MiddleSchoolShenanigans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top