Sneak Peek #1 - Classroom Set-up 13'

Okay, I just have to share a quick classroom set-up sneak peek.  Now please note that I've only put in about 12 hours so far, and I've made more of a mess than anything.  But I do have a few areas close to complete.  



This is our learning targets/daily schedule bulletin board, right next to my desk area.  You can see my computer in the picture.  The schedule cards are not straight and it's bothering me, but I'll fix that tomorrow.  The Learning Targets posters are from my TPT store and the Schedule Cards are from Barbie Roper's TPT store.  I purchased them last year. I love them so much I'm using them again this year.



I teach two sections of math each day, so this Math Workshop area will help keep us organized regarding which station each group needs to complete, and when.  You can find the math workshop center signs here:  Jungle, Chevron, Zebra, Polka Dot.  I'm currently working on reorganizing all our math manipulatives, centers, task cards, etc. I will post about that feat soon......hopefully.....  :)




While the classroom library is still a mess (it usually takes me a full day to unpack all the books, wash the baskets, reorganize the books, cut/laminate new labels, etc. - that day will be sometime next week), I at least rolled out the new library area rug and put up this theme bulletin board to cover the ugly back of the bookshelf!  I'm not sure if I love it yet, but it's growing on me.  However, I may completely change it before the big day - Sept. 3rd. I've been known to do that.  You can find the theme posters online for free HERE.

Lastly, just a few personal notes to share.  I received this year's planner in the mail yesterday.  Woo hoo!  Right on schedule.  Love Erin Condren.  Now if only I can find some time to get it ready for the year!!!



And, my son was able to meet children's book author Johnathon Rand at the Cheeseburger in Paradise festival in Michigan.  For those of you who don't know, Rand is the author of the American Chillers and Michigan Chillers books.  He autographed my son's copy of Catastrophe in Caseville!  My son thought it was the coolest thing ever.  :)



Hopefully I'll come back up to the surface again in a few days with more of the classroom tour!

Just a reminder that soon I'll have an updated blog design from the talented Megan at A Bird in Hand Designs.  Same old me, just a bit more beautiful.  It's like botox for the blog. :)



   

No comments

Back to Top