September Currently, can it really be???

Well, the time has come, it's the eve before the 'big day' - school starts tomorrow for all of us here in Michigan. I've planned, and prepared, and laminated, and cut, and created, and pasted......you name it.......but I still don't feel ready.  You'd think that after 10 years of 'first days' I'd have this thing down.  I get just as nervous for the 'big day' as my fifth graders.......crazy!



Anyway, to calm my nerves, I'm linkin up with Farley's September Currently, anything to distract my mind from what really needs to be done..........32 welcome back to school gifts.  Yes, I said 32, count em' 32 fifth graders will be sitting in my classroom this year.  Is it just me or are your numbers going up and up, year after year?  As my good teacher friend Melissa V. once said, 32 butts don't fit on a rug!  But, we'll survive!

Even with all the nervous anticipation, I still can't wait to meet my new family of kiddos bright and early tomorrow morning (the bright and early part I can wait for). And the gettting my own two kids up, showered, fed, clothed and to school before my day even begins.  I may collapse by Friday evening.  Who am I kidding I'll be asleep by 8:00 pm on Thursday!  LOL

Happy September everyone!

7 comments

  1. Isn't the blogging world great?!? It has changed my teaching career in so many ways!!! :)Good luck tomorrow!!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something To Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the look of your blog! The mix of animal print with chevron is really fun!

    And nobody is ever ready for the first day of school!!! I'm also a Michigan blogger, but teach preschool, so we don't start for two more weeks yet. The worry, anxious, and nervous butterflies are starting to get to me. Good luck on your first day! :)

    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32! Wow that is a big group. Thankfully 5th graders don't need help cutting and gluing like the little ones. That's one of the reasons I love teaching upper elementary! Enjoy your last day off.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about retiring so I can I have more time to blog, but then what would I blog about?:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blog looks AMAZING! Megan is the best :) I have 31 this year so I feel your pain! I am going to get to work on their BTS treats as soon as I'm finished blogstalking :)

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you through the currently link.
    Just had to comment and say I LOVE your blog layout!
    I'm obsessed with giraffes so I saw this and was like AHHH! NEED! :)
    Laura
    Adventures in Multigrade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top