Five for Friday books and photos

It was a busy week in room 206 and I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share it with you!


We started the week with a new desk arrangement!  I'm not usually a fan of rows, but we're going to try it out and see how it goes.  I get bored easily and like to switch things up pretty often.  What's your favorite seating arrangement?  I'd love some new ideas for next month!



We also received our September book order this week.  My students couldn't wait for the coveted book box to arrive and when it finally did we made a big production of passing out new books and book talking all the new freebies we got for our classroom library!!!  Check out these amazing titles! I'm glad I snapped this picture when I did, because I haven't seen them since. New books don't stay in the bins for very long in our classroom!



I was most excited about the brand new released baby-sitters club graphic novel that came in the mail from Amazon this week - Mary Anne Saves the Day: Full-Color Edition (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix #3): Full Color Edition

It was a pre-order and I was beyond happy when it finally arrived.  This series was my absolute favorite as a kid and I love sharing it with my 5th grade readers!

 



My students were most excited about the Notebook of Doom books - The Notebook of Doom #1: Rise of the Balloon Goons (A Branches Book)  I started a few of my reluctant readers on this series a week ago, and they haven't put them down since.  They are cruising through them this week and I couldn't be happier.  These books are perfect for level 30-34 readers, or disengaged readers.  You've got to try them out.  I personally recommend any title from the Branches library for struggling readers!
 



In writing, we immersed ourselves in personal narratives this week to prepare for writing our own narratives next week. We read many amazing stories and came up with a great list of things authors do when writing fiction.  I'll share that soon once it's complete.  But for now, here was our favorite mentor text of the week - Thank You, Mr. Falker


  


Lastly, even big kids love to GoNoodle!   We enjoy taking a few minutes each day during our snack break to refocus and reenergize and prepare for the rest of the day!



1 comment

  1. My 5th graders really like gonoodle, too. I'm also one of those teachers who love New room arrangements. Thanks for sharing.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top