It's finally spring break and I am thankful for the extra time to spend with my family, catch up on my TBR (to be read) list, sleep in and yes - even clean my house!
Today is the first official day of spring break, but I already finished the first book on my TBR list over the weekend - Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters. I've wanted to read this series for years, but some especially persistent 5th graders finally convinced me to move it up on my list and I'm so glad I listened. I love a good series and this one doesn't disappoint. Click on the image to learn more about this book. (This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.)
The rest of my TBR list includes these amazing titles.....................
1. The remainder of the Percy Jackson series - books 3-5. Click on the image to learn more about these books. Harry Potter fans, you must read these!
2. The Key to Extraordinary - the book of the month in my Goodreads book club and written by the same author as Snicker of Magic which I loved. Click on the image below.
3. Amulet #1 (My reluctant readers have devoured this graphic novel series this year and I HAVE to know what it's all about.) Click on the image if you LOVE graphic novels too!
4. Booked - the newest release by Kwame Alexander - I'm not usually a fan of novels in verse - but if you've read The Crossover (last year's Newbery contender) and put it in the hands of your sports loving boy readers, you know why I HAVE to read this title.
5. Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead - I don't know a lot about this new release but I enjoyed Liar & Spy - it had a fun twist and a good message. I'm hoping for the same from this new title. Click the image below to learn more.
6. Hired Girl - I've heard great things about this one, set in the early twentieth century and focused on women's rights - and I'm a sucker for Historical Fiction. Click the picture to learn more.
7. The Honest Truth - A student reacommended this book to me because I loved The Fault in Our Stars and Everything, Everything. He knows I love tear jerkers! Click the picture to read more about this title.
8. Nimona - my own son came home from 6th grade one day super excited about this graphic novel because of a student book recommendation he'd heard in class that day. So of course, I HAVE to check it out. My son doesn't get excited about many books. Click the image to learn more.
9. Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics - have you read the first one? I loved all of the allusions to my favorite books and the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory feel to this mystery. I can't wait to see if I enjoy the sequel just as much! Click the image below.
10. Lastly, Seraphina and the Black Cloak - two girls in my class have raved about this book this year. They showed us a book trailer that was creepy and suspenseful and hooked me on the spot. I have to read this one fast, because there's already a list in my class for who gets it next when I'm finished. No pressure!!! LOL Click the image to find out more.
Happy spring break teacher friends! I hope you find time to spend with family, friends and a good book too!! And maybe even a little time to clean house. Or maybe not!! :)