Reading Workshop - Week 1

Just a quick post because I'm so inspired.  I've got a few minutes between getting my own kiddos to sleep and collapsing into bed myself and I just had to jump on here and do a book recommendation to all you reading workshop gurus. Several of my colleagues and I coincidentally read the same book this summer  - The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller. Now I admit, I am a geek who loves to read 'teacher books' but many are hard to get through and have that 'textbook' feel.  Not this one! What a fabulous, quick, practical read with ideas that you can incorprate into your reading workshop immediately.

If you are a middle grade teacher, I highly recommend you check it out!  Love, love, love it!!!!

Have you read The Book Whisperer?  If so, how will it change your reading workshop this year?


No comments

Back to Top