Well it appears that lately the only time I blog is on snow days. LOL With mid-year assessments and report cards I have been swamped. Thank goodness for a few (6 to be exact) snow and cold days off from work, so I can work on catching up on my work. Sounds crazy doesn't it!
Anyway, this is just a quick post to say I'm finally finished with my third set of decimal centers. This set is Valentine's Day themed and focuses on multiplying and dividing decimal amounts.
I'm so excited to print these off tonight, organize, laminate at school this week and have my Math Workshop plans all set for next week. These centers are perfect for those of you who are using a Math Workshop, Guided Math or Small Group type of math instruction. Though you can also use them whole group or as interventions/extensions to differentiate your instruction.
This set of Valentine's Day Decimal Centers includes 3 task cards centers, one independent work center and one math game center. All recording sheets, directions, and answer keys are included. Your students can move through these centers throughout the week while you are meeting with small groups.
Targeted skills include:
* Multiplying decimals by whole numbers and by decimals through thousandths
* Dividing decimals by whole numbers and by decimals with dividends through thousandths
* Decimal patterns when multiplying and dividing by powers of ten
* Finding the missing factor when multiplying decimals
* Using a calculator to check work, guess and check problem solving strategy, and comparing decimal amounts
I'm off to get started printing and resume work on report cards. Only 13 comments left to go. Why is it that I spend hours on report card comments every marking period. There has got to be a better way!!