Celebrate Valentine's Day with Themed Decimal Math Centers

valentines day math centers

Well it appears that lately the only time I blog is on snow days.  LOL  With mid-year assessments and report cards I have been swamped.  Thank goodness for a few (6 to be exact) snow and cold days off from work, so I can work on catching up on my work.  Sounds crazy doesn't it!

Anyway, this is just a quick post to say I'm finally finished with my third set of decimal centers. This set is Valentine's Day themed and focuses on multiplying and dividing decimal amounts.

Valentines decimal math centers


I'm so excited to print these off tonight, organize, laminate at school this week and have my Math Workshop plans all set for next week.  These centers are perfect for those of you who are using a Math Workshop, Guided Math or Small Group type of math instruction.  Though you can also use them whole group or as interventions/extensions to differentiate your instruction.

Valentine's Day decimal math centers



This set of Valentine's Day Decimal Centers includes 3 task cards centers, one independent work center and one math game center.  All recording sheets, directions, and answer keys are included. Your students can move through these centers throughout the week while you are meeting with small groups.

multiplying decimal numbers task cards

Decimal task cards to practice dividing decimals

decimal task cards

Targeted skills include:

     * Multiplying decimals by whole numbers and by decimals through thousandths
     * Dividing decimals by whole numbers and by decimals with dividends through thousandths
     * Decimal patterns when multiplying and dividing by powers of ten
     * Finding the missing factor when multiplying decimals
     * Using a calculator to check work, guess and check problem solving strategy, and comparing decimal amounts

decimal patterns independent work math center

decimal division  math game


I'm off to get started printing and resume work on report cards.  Only 13 comments left to go.  Why is it that I spend hours on report card comments every marking period?  There has got to be a better way!!

7 comments

  1. Hi, I just found your blog after I purchased these awesome task cards and game! Thank you! I get so excited when I find a fellow fifth grade teacher! We just had our first 2 snow days and I live by the beach in North Carolina!! So crazy! I can't imagine having as many off as you do. I like the free time to do things like create products, but I also like to keep a schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from Coastal NC too! We're on our 2nd day off today. Hope you're warm. :)

      Liz
      BeachTeach

      Delete
    2. Enjoy your snow days! This January winter weather is definitely unusual!

      Melissa

      Delete
  2. These are adorable. My students love the New Year's set and I know these will be a big hit with my 5th graders as well!! Woohoo! Love em!

    Susan
    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I think I'm going to get them to use as review, since decimals is the first thing we cover. Thanks for sharing!

    Liz
    BeachTeach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I hope they are useful to you and your students. Decimals/Fractions are such a hard concept for students to master, what a great idea to teach them first and spiral back throughout the year!

      Melissa

      Delete