Fifth Grade Freebies Blog Hop




I'm so glad you're stopping by the Fifth Grade Freebies Blog Hop.  Thanks for joining us.  I hope you pick up some GREAT freebies along the way.  Make sure you follow our blog and facebook page so you'll be notified every time we post an AMAZING freebie!!

I'm sharing with all of you WONDERFUL fifth grade teachers, a set of learning target posters for FREE.



Do you display daily learning targets in your classroom?  I created these posters so I'd have a quick and cute place to write the learning targets for our lessons each day.   In my opinion, posting learning targets is a critical way to keep students accountable and aware of what they are learning.

Just print, laminate and hang! Each day I use a vis a vis marker to write on the posters and I use a wet paper towel to wipe off the learning target at the end of the day (actually it's a student job to clean them off in our classroom).  The learning targets are the first thing we talk about during our morning meeting.  I also bring them up again before each lesson, and tell students how they can accomplish each target. At the end of the lesson we review the learning target one more time with a discussion, journal response or exit slip. We also self assess our mastery of the target before, during and after each lesson.  We use a simple 4, 3, 2, 1 scale to assess our understanding.  



 


Taking time to explicitly make your daily learning targets known to students is crucial to helping your students become more self aware and accountable for their own learning. Give it a try, if you're not already!!!

Now head on over to see my friend Diane at Fifth in the Middle to snag her AWESOME freebie!!




3 comments

  1. These are so cute! I love the bright and funky lettering! I had to do learning targets in my first school and I've done it ever since, though the names have changed from state to state. I love that these just include the subjects! Happy to hop with you!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun & colorful way to display targets!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea of learning targets. I'll give it a try this week.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top